mercoledì 29 settembre 2010

New interactive environments Task #1

My personal experience with publishing (or social) tools is built upon different platforms.

Media i use for getting information and sharing news / status updates:

I use Google reader as an aggregator of feeds from various blogs (always too many to be checked manually, the counter in the reader is almost always on 1000+ ;) ) There i follow various feeds connected with my interests, but my main focus is on marketing, social media and photography. I normally check my google reader page once a day if i have enough time for the news.
I use twitter more often, i check my contacts' streams about 4/5 times a day through mobile. There i have more contacts with people i know in real life and many other streams from similar topics as my google reader. I tend to retweet often, but publish little.
I also use Facebook on daily basis. mainly for personal networking and work; there i also administer few business pages where i write contents, mainly with the purpose to let people interact with the brand. I'm not a big user of Facebook apps.
On Flickr i publish pictures and use the forums and the tools of the platform to search for tips about photography.
Last Fm collects silently data about my music usage. i login on their page about twice a month to find new music
Foursquare: just got a new badge. I often write tips for locations and try to use the ones i find.

Generally speaking, i would consider myself an half-engaged digital user. I use internet and social networks for many purposes (study, work, social activities, leisure) but tend to publish little "public contents" compared to what i read. I did not mention in this post other social networks i often use but consider less relevant in my media diet such as youtube, vimeo, tumblr, Google Buzz (although this last one is connected with my Google Reader), myspace, and even "old school" websites.

Digital tools:

Google Docs: for creating and editing documents. their collaborating capabilities showed to be very useful.
Prezi: a presentation tool.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento